Monday, July 30, 2012

Playing House

So much passion without a place
I'm getting older in the face
House is decked with empty frames
dusted with tradition's empty games
Playing by the rules of "love's" charade
a waterfall of words that never cascade
blue birds of happiness with nothing to say
we're just playing house day by day.
Inside we are so alive
buried in this fearful disguise
and Denial makes her wishes
while you work, and I, the dishes.
Love on purpose don't stay in the past
When you work a life, it will last
Lonely if it's only one of two
but the Creator, He will stand with you.
~And there is a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Melanie Lynch-Evans

Playing House came from the irony of empty family frames on my shelves.
I was also "Waiting to exhale" or "holding my breath" for things to get better
or take form instead of taking responsibility spiritually in faith to MAKE things healthy and happen. I only looked to my husband for my worthwhen it really came from God. I punished him for not validating my worth (He did hurt it though) when I chose to marry him.

1 comment:

  1. Aside from the graceful work of the Holy Spirit, the movie Fireproof was an effective agent in maturing me and giving me hope.

    ReplyDelete